EP Reporting for QlikSense
With EP Reporting for QlikSense you can create visually appealing reports directly from your data and analysis. It supports all popular Office formats, creates perfect pixel PDFs and ensures that reports reach the right people at the right time.
- Design pixel-perfect reports using Visual Studio’s integrated report designer;
- Add any Qlik Sense visualization in the report (including 3rd party extensions and full worksheets);
- Add fully customizable and responsive tables and pivot tables to the report, using any Qlik Sense object as a data source
- Supports automatic styling of tables (text color and background color);
- Supports automatic expansion of pivot tables;
- Supports inclusion of total rows from Qlik in the table;
- Includes integrated dataset and object configurator to easily add Qlik Sense tables and visual objects to the report;
- Support for filtering at report level and object level – apply custom Qlik Sense selections to single objects or the entire report.
- Support for variable setting at report level and object level – apply custom values to variables before rendering a single object or the entire report;
- Any Qlik Sense variable, custom expression or object title can be used in the report as a text placeholder;
- Multiple supported output formats: PDF, PNG, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX;
- Advanced features for formatting XLSX workbooks (filters, formulas, column freezing, zoom).
On-demand Report Generation
- Reports can be generated on-demand with a single click directly from any sheet in a Qlik Sense app, thanks to our dedicated Qlik Sense extension;
- Fully synchronized with the user’s Qlik Sense session, selections and section access rules are automatically applied to the generated report;
- Support for on-demand report generation via a REST API, allowing developers to integrate report generation into existing systems;
- Supports Qlik Sense and Windows Authentication mechanism to allow on-demand report generation for specific users only.
Scheduled Report Generation
- Fully customizable scheduler, allows to schedule periodic generation of reports with fine-grained control on the generation periods;
- Reactive scheduler allows you to schedule report generation after a Qlik Sense task or another EP Reporter task has run;
- Pre-configurable filters (supporting both specific filter values and filtering expressions) that can be applied to the Qlik Sense app before report generation;
- Pre-configurable variable presets, to apply before generating the report;
- Support for conditional report generation, only generating the report if certain conditions are satisfied:
- Only generate the report if a custom Qlik Sense expression evaluates to a certain value;
- Only generate the report if an external command or program produces a certain output;
- Support for cycling over one or multiple fields in the Qlik Sense app, allowing generation of multiple instances of a report, each with its own filtered data;
- Ability to impersonate a specific user when generating scheduled reports (applies user’s section access and security rules);
- Option to reload the Qlik Sense app before report generation;
- Tasks can be started on-demand via Qlik Sense extension.
- Generated reports can be sent to one or more output targets;
- Supports multiple output destinations:
- File system (local and remote);
- Customizable email notifications – send a confirmation/warning email when a report is generated successfully or fails;
- Customizable dynamic output filename/address, send each report to a specific destination depending on the value of Qlik Sense fields or expressions;
- Ability to insert Qlik Sense visuals in email body.
- Version 4 of EP Reporter introduces support for alerting functionalities, allowing periodic and on-demand checks of Qlik Sense expressions and sending of alerting emails in case the results are not as expected.
- Alerting tasks can evaluate any Qlik Sense expression and check if the result matches an expected value:
- Multiple expressions in a single task are supported;
- Define a custom failure message for each expression, that can later be used in the email alert Fully customizable scheduler, allows scheduling periodic execution of alerting tasks Alerting task can be executed on-demand via a dedicated REST API.
- Fully customizable email notifications, to be sent out if a check fails;
- Customizable email body, with the ability to incorporate the custom error message for the specific check that failed, any Qlik expression or field value and even inline charts Destination addresses can be loaded from a field in the Qlik Sense app or from an external file;
- Pre-configurable variable presets, to apply before running alerting checks;
- Support for conditional execution, only run the alerting checks if certain conditions are satisfied:
- Only run the checks if a custom Qlik Sense expression evaluates to a certain value;
- Only run the checks if an external command or program produces a certain output.